Parent Resources/Family Portal
TIPS AND INFORMATION FOR OUR PARENTS
REGARDING KEEPING STUDENTS SAFE
Tips for Parents:
1. Set family rules about driving.
2. Start talking to children as young as 13 or 14 about driving and driving safety.
3. Continue supervised driving one your teenager has his/her license - reinforce the rules.
4. Don't relent - parents should continue the dialogue with their teens.
Taking back guiding principles - The national youth movement to combat underage drinking. It's about reclaiming what has been taken: their safety, their culture, their good health and their future!
ACCESSING THE ASPEN SIS FAMILY PORTAL
1. Is the grade I see in the Family Portal, the Student Portal or the progress report average match the grade my student receives on a report card?
Grades are live in the portals indicating a student's up-to-the-moment average. However, please keep in mind the following: assignments with no grades (blanks) are not calculated into the quarter average until the end of a quarter when teachers issue a zero for every unsubmitted assignment. This can have a devastating effect on a student's grade at the end of a grading/marking period.
2. As a parent or guardian, will I still be receiving progress reports? Progress reports will no longer be printed unless a parent or guardian requests it. All progress report and report card grades can be viewed in either the Aspen Student Portal or Family Portal accounts.
3. How may I obtain access to my student's grade and attendance information?
Simply fill out the form and read the information located HERE.
4. How do access the Family Portal?
To log into the Aspen Family Portal, click on the link FAMILY PORTAL ACCESS.